Last updated:7 September 2021A music quiz from the noughties! This 2000s music trivia quiz covers the years 2000 to 2009. The turn of the century brought us lots of fun music memories. The early 2000s were the decade that brought streaming and digital downloads to the mainstream, when smartphones became the thing, and a millennium bug that never happened.
Let’s see how much you remember with this 100 question music quiz. Grab your friends, family, or co-workers and see who knows the noughties music best.
2000s Music Trivia
In this music quiz we have the general trivia section which is 5o questions and answers. Then we have a collection of 5 rounds of 10 questions each.
The ‘also known as (aka)’ round tests you on the stage names of famous artists. The ‘film and television’ round is a quiz about songs featured and artists featured on movies and TV in the 2000s.
‘In which year’ is a round testing your music knowledge on either which year a single or album was released, or a particular well-known event.
The final two rounds are all about testing your 2000s music lyrical knowledge. ‘Name the song’ asks you to name the song (and artist if you like a challenge) based on a line or two from a song. And ‘Finish the lyrics’ gives you a famous lyric which you need to finish.
Hopefully, that is plenty of music trivia to keep you entertained. Good luck!
More music trivia quizzes for you include:
Quick links to information in this post
2000s Music Quiz
1. Which Britain’s Got Talent star had the biggest selling album in the world in 2009?
2. Who had hits with ‘Music’, ‘Hung Up’, and ‘What It Feels Like For A Girl’?
3. ‘Where Is The Love?’ was a breakout hit in 2003 for which US hip hop group?
Black Eyed Peas
4. What was the UK’s best-selling album of the 2000s?
‘Back to Bedlam’ by James Blunt
5. Back to Black was a best-selling album for which singer?
6. Which single by Leona Lewis spent 7 weeks at number one in over 30 countries in 2008?
7. Name the four female artists who formed a supergroup to record ‘Lady Marmalade’ in 2001?
Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya, Pink
8. ‘White Ladder’ spent 151 weeks on the UK album charts. But which artist wrote it?
9. Who had hits with ‘Burn’, ‘Yeah!’, and ‘U Remind Me’?
10. Which legendary British band released an album in 2000 simply name ‘1’?
11. ‘Parachutes’, ‘A Rush of Blood to the Head’, and ‘X&Y’ are albums by which rock band?
12. Which 90s British boy band reunited 10 years after they split in 2006?
13. Which jazz artist won 5 Grammy Awards in 2003 including Album of the year for ‘Come Away with Me’?
14. Which Australian singer ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Head’?
15. What was the name of the debut album released by Justin Timberlake in 2002?
16. Who performed at the 2001 VMAs with a python draped across her shoulders?
17. Billie Joe Armstrong is the frontman for which American rock band?
18. ‘Sex on Fire’ and ‘Use Somebody’ were multi-platinum hits for which American band?
Kings of Leon
19. Craig David’s ‘Born to Do it’ was a record-breaking debut album in 2000, but what was the name of the first single from it?
‘Fill Me In’
20. Which spicy band had an album called ‘Stadium Arcadium’?
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
21. ‘Complicated’ was the hit debut single for which artist?
22. Name the virtual band created by musician Damon Albarn and artist Jamie Hewlett.
23. Scottish band Franz Ferdinand had a global hit in 2004 with which song?
‘Take Me Out’
24. ‘Hybrid Theory’ was the hit debut album for which rock band?
25. Actors Jack Black and Kyle Gass released the hit ‘Tribute’, but what was the name of their band?
26. Which dairy beverage is also the title to a Kelis song?
27. Which girl band originally started out as a burlesque group in LA?
The Pussycat Dolls
28. Which American rock band had a single from the 90s re-enter the UK charts to become Christmas number one in 2009?
Rage Against The Machine – ‘Killing in the Name’
29. Name the hit debut single from the girl band, Girls Aloud.
‘Sound of the Underground’
30. ‘Whenever, Wherever’ was a breakthrough hit in 2001 for which Colombian singer?
31. ’19’ was the debut album for which British singer?
32. Which Beyonce hit won the Video of the Year at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards?
‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)’
33. ‘The Emancipation of Mimi’ was a hit album in 2005 for which singer?
34. What was the hit debut single by Alicia Keys in 2001?
35. Who won the first season of American Idol?
36. Name the 2005 fuel-based song by Daddy Yankee?
37. ‘Seven Nation Army’ was a hit song for which band?
The White Stripes
38. ‘Temperature’, ‘We Be Burnin’, and ‘Gimme the Light’ were hits for which Jamaican artist?
39. Who’s debut album is called ‘The College Dropout’?
40. Brandon Flowers is the frontman for which American rock band?
41. What was the name of Katy Perry’s debut single in 2008?
‘Kissed A Girl’
42. Which band had a hit with ‘This Ain’t a Scene, It’s an Arms Race’?
Fall Out Boy
43. Julian Casablancas is the lead singer for which band?
44. Which Canadian indie rock band are known for the albums ‘Funeral’ and ‘Neon Bible’?
The Arcade Fire
45. Who was the first singer to win UK Pop Idol in 2002?
46. What was ‘Supermassive’ for the rock band, Muse?
Black Hole (from the song ‘Supermassive Black Hole’)
47. Which rapper had hits with ‘Work It’ and ‘Gossip Folks’?
48. Which American producer due features Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo?
49. Which French DJ and producer had hits with ‘When Love Takes Over’ and ‘Who’s That Chick?’?
50. Which Senagalese-American singer has been credited with over 300 appearances on songs?
Also known as (AKA) round
Also known as (AKA) Round
51. Which singer, songwriter, and actress is Stefani Germanotta better known as?
52. Marshall Mathers is an award-winning rapper also known as?
53. Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O’Malley Armstrong is better known as which British singer?
54. Shawn Corey Carter is better known by his stage name of what?
55. What is the colourful stage name for Alecia Beth Moore?
56. What is the artist name for Scotsman Adam Wiles?
57. Destiny Hope are the first names of which singer?
58. Robyn Fenty is better known as?
59. Mathangi Arulpragasam performs under the stage name of?
60. What is the stage name for John Roger Stephens?
Film and Television round
Film and Television Round
61. Phantom Planet’s song ‘California’ became the theme tune to which teen show from 2003 to 2007?
62. What was the name of musical TV show about a high school show choir first aired in 2009?
63. The Paramore song ‘Decode’ was written for the soundtrack on which hit movie?
64. In which teen film did Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens perform ‘Breaking Free’?
High School Musical
65. For which 2000 film did LeAnn Rimes perform the song ‘Can’t Fight the Moonlight’?
66. ‘Paper Planes’ by M.I.A. was featured on which movie soundtrack?
67. ‘Independent Women’ by Destiny’s Child was on which movie soundtrack?
68. Gary Jules’ cover of ‘Mad World’ by Tears for Fears became a UK Christmas number 1 in 2003, but was recorded for which 2001 film?
69. ‘Pure Shores’ by All Saints was on the soundtrack for which Leonardo DiCaprio film?
70. ‘All Star’ by Smashmouth was re-released for which animated film in 2001?
In which year? round
In which year? Round
71. In what year did the Foo Fighters release ‘Best of You’?
72. Prince famously performed at the Super Bowl in the pouring rain in which year?
73. ‘Hero’ by Enrique Iglesias became a huge hit in what year?
74. What year did Taylor Swift release her hit album ‘Fearless’?
75. Christina Aguilera had the hits ‘Beautiful’ and ‘Dirrty’ in what year?
76. Lily Allen’s debut single ‘Smile’ came out in which year?
77. Which year did Snoop Dogg ‘Drop It Like It’s Hot’?
78. In what year did Mary J. Blige release have a hit with ‘Family Affair’?
79. Yeah Yeah Yeah’s had the hit single Maps in which year?
80. Which year did mega-hit ‘Love Takes Over’ by David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland chart?
Name That Song round
Name That Song Round
81. ‘Stop making the eyes at me, I’ll stop making the eyes at you’.
– ‘I Bet You Look Good on The Dancefloor’ by Arctic Monkeys
82. ‘Honey came in and she caught me red-handed, creeping with the girl next door.’
– ‘It Wasn’t Me’ by Shaggy
83. ‘No matter what I do, all I think about is you. Even when I’m with my boo, boy you know I’m crazy over you.’
– ‘Dilemma’ by Nelly and Kelly Rowland
84. ‘Train comes I don’t know its destination, it’s a one-way ticket to a madman’s situation’
– ‘Overload’ by Sugarbabes
85. ‘I don’t think you’re ready for this jelly.’
– ‘Bootylicious by Destiny’s Child
86. ‘Shake it like a Polaroid picture!’
– ‘Hey Ya!’ by Outkast
87. ‘She got one of your kids, got you for eighteen years.’
– ‘Gold Digger’ by Kanye West
88. ‘I chime in with a “haven’t you people ever hear of closing the goddamn door?”‘
– ‘I Write Sins Not Tragedies’ by Panic! At The Disco
89. ‘Baby, can’t you see, I’m calling, A guy like you should wear a warning.’
– ‘Toxic’ by Britney Spears
90. ‘Control yourself, take only what you need from it, a family of trees wanting to be haunted.’
– ‘Kids’ by MGMT
Finish the Lyrics round
Finish The Lyrics Round
91. ‘When the sun shines, we’ll shine together …’
– Told you I’ll be here forever.
(‘Umbrella’ by Rihanna)
92. ‘Shawty had them apple bottom jeans…’
– Boots with the fur
(‘Low’ by Flo Rida)
93. ‘I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind…’
– There was something so pleasant about that place
(‘Crazy’ by Gnarls Barkley)
94. ‘Go shorty, it’s your birthday…’
– We gon’ party like it’s your birthday
(‘In Da Club’ by 50 Cent)
95. ‘A few times I’ve been around that track, So it’s not just gonna happen like that…’
‘Cause I ain’t no hollaback girl.
(Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani)
96. ‘Now I’m falling asleep and she’s calling a cab…’
– While he’s having a smoke and she’s taking a drag
(‘Mr. Brightside’ by The Killers)
97. ‘Wake up in the morning feelin’ like …’
– P Diddy
(‘Tik Tok’ by Kesha)
98. ‘Don’t be fooled by the rocks that I got …’
– I’m still, I’m still Jenny from the block
(‘Jenny From The Block’ by Jennifer Lopez)
99. ‘Staring at the blank page before you, Open up the dirty window…’
– Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
(‘Unwritten’ by Natasha Beddingfield)
100. ‘I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive…’
– Carved my name into his leather seats
(‘Before He Cheats’ by Carrie Underwood)
Download the 2000s quiz
Download a PDF version of this 2000’s music quiz with all the questions and answers.
Simply fill in the box below, confirm your email, and you’ll get a link and password to our free resource library where you can save the PDF to your computer and print out at home.
2000s music trivia quiz part 1
2000s music trivia quiz part 2
2000s music trivia quiz part 3
2000s music trivia quiz part 4
2000s music trivia quiz part 5
More music quizzes: